Thursday, August 21, 2008

The "Favre Situation"

Actual Church Sign in Wisconsin

People have asked me how I'm dealing with the "Favre Situation". To be honest, I'm sure I'm WAY less informed than current residents of Wisconsin, since when I talked to my Mom about it, she passionatly informed me of many items of which I was previously unaware which only fuled the flame of my frustration at the Packers. However, as time has gone on, I have slowly come to terms with the fact the Brett is in fact a Jet. To be honest, I think he looks kinda goofy in a Jets uniform, but whacha gonna do! So ironic that he in his Packers uniform are on the cover of Madden this year. Though I am upset at the outcome, I am going to have to stay true to my roots and remain a Packers fan, despite their blunders... with or without the only QB I have ever known as a starting Pack. But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be listening a little a closer for updates on my favorite Jet.

3 comments:

D and S Heaton said...

It's too bad he couldn't go out in glory. How many times did he try to retire, only to change his mind. It kinda reminds me of Jordan retiring, then trying baseball, then back as #45.
We'll see how much arm he has left and whether he can work someplace else.
Those NY fans can be brutal.

iammommahearmeroar said...

That's so funny that we picked the same template. I always love all the pink ones, but since the boys outnumber the girls in our little family I feel obligated to pick blues:)

That church sign is SO funny!

Aud Pod said...

Reid pointed out a game at the store that was featuring him, but with the Packers. Apparently you can download a patch to change it all to the Jets. Crazy!