Monday, August 18, 2008

Crazy Times!

A TON has happened in the last week, so I'll try to do a quick run down!


Last Wed was our Anniversary - happy day to us! It was a LOT of fun! For Joe's birthday my parents had bought us tickets to go see Brian Regan - if you've never heard his stuff, you should! He is one Funny Dude! and the best thing is that his humor is clean - imagin that! Joe also brought home roses and took me to a fancy-shmancy restaurant (with the aid again of mis padres- thanks padres :) called the Chefs Table. It was SO nice! And the food was AMAZING!! Definitly a nice place to remember for very special occassions!



Speaking of special occassions, the next day was Priya's 6 month birthday!! Happy Day, cutie pants! We took her Friday to get some photos done at JC Penny and come to find out that she has cut her first tooth!! I know I know, I said she had cut a tooth a while ago, but I wasn't really looking into her mouth, just feeling, and it turns out it was just a ridge in the middle of her upper jaw. THIS tooth is on the bottom, and the one next to it is close on it's heals, resulting in a VERY drooly baby!



Sunday I took a few pics of our baby on my own since I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the stuff from Pennys... mostly, I just like their backdrops and enhancements for the photos, but I'm going to talk to a friend of mine at the Fotoshop and see if they can create some nice layouts for photos as well that we can use - that way it's MUCH cheaper, I can keep the digital images and have a much larger selection of photos to choose from :)



Today our little princess went back to the doc for her 6 month check-up! Here are the Stats:



Height:27.25 inches (92%)
Weight: 15 lb. 5 oz (35%)


The Doc says she's progressing really well and I think he was a little taken back by her sqirminess!! She's definitly a little mover and a shaker!


The funniest part came after she got her shots. She of course cried a bit, but then afterwards looked at the nurse, almost pointing at her, and gave her quite a talking to! It was so funny! It was like she was saying, "I know who did this to me and it was NOT very nice! I'm not very happy with you right now, so just you watch it, missy!"
But that's not all! On the way home - a whole 5 minute drive - she somehow mannaged to rip off ALL of her band-aids and shove at least 2 in her mouth!! I get her out of her car seat and am thinking "Ok, now where are her band-aids?... What does she have in her MOUTH?!" Little Stinker!! So Gross! But she was so happy, and quite UN-happy when I removed them from her oral cavity! Almost as unhappy as when I take away paper... but that's another story!
Hopefully I'll have more photos soon! Take care and much love!
PB&J

6 comments:

Unknown said...

6 months old already! where does the time go?

chef's table? awesome! I've always wanted to go there.

Luv ya,
Brooke

Boyd Box said...

So cute! I can't believe you went to JC Penny's...your pictures are great!! Oh, and happy anniversary!

iammommahearmeroar said...

Happy Anniversary. It's so fun to celebrate with a nice dinner. Yum! Happy 6 months Priya! The next 6 months will fly even faster. It's scary!

D and S Heaton said...

Oops! Missed your anniversary. Congratulations, even if it is late.
As for your little sweetie, she does figure things out quickly. Wait 'til she discovers Oreos!
I second the comment about photo studios; your work is awesome.

XOXO
Dad H

"The Landlord" said...

No worries, Dad - My parents mostly remembered because the tickets they got Joe for his birthday happened to be for a show on our anniversary :)
Thanks for the comments on my photos! I just wish i had room to set up some backdrops and lighting! And I still have so much to learn about photography - Plus it's fun to see what someone else does with your kid every once in a while :)

Ruth Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!!! (late... hehe) I was at that show! Brian Regan is one of my favorite comedians... Kermet was pretty funny too... Where were you sitting? With as huge a crowd as it was, totally doesn't surprise me that I didn't see you there!
Six month! How time has flown! It seriously seems like just yesterday that my boys were tearing apart your hospital room and trying to escape! (note to self, get a sitter for visits like that!)