Uncooked Squares – aka Dark Chocolate goodness!
By Bree (actually, by my Great Grandmother, Helen Zion aka Grammy)
There are 3 layers.
· ½ cup butter
· ¼ cup sugar
· 5 T. unsweetened coco powder
· 1 t. vanilla
· 1 egg
· 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I use 2 packs, minus 2-3 graham crackers – 2 full packs makes the mixture too dry)
1. -Heat butter, sugar and coco powder in a pot, stirring till smooth
2. -Beat egg and vanilla together then beat into above mixture
3. -Add graham cracker crumbs (I find the finer the crumbs the better… if mixture won’t stick together, add a little more butter or less crumbs)
4. -Pack in the bottom of a 13x9 or smaller pan (it all depends on how thick you like your layers)
· ¼ cup butter
· 2 T. instant vanilla pudding powder
· 3 T. milk
· 2 cups powdered sugar
-Mix and pour over first layer
· 4 squares bitter chocolate (baking chocolate) (I replaced a square or two with dark chocolate because that’s what I had- it works but you need to be careful or it gets WAY too sweet!)
· 1 T. butter
1. -Melt over double boiler & Pour over layer 2.
2. -Chill the whole thing till firm –
NOTE: You want to make sure you score the top of the chocolate after it starts to firm but BEFORE it’s hard! :D
ENJOY and think of us J